i'm trying to make friends with photoshop again, and what better way than to pony up to mood board monday over at pewter and sage! (ok so it's technically friday...but i'm going to post this anyway and link up on monday. whatev.) this is my first time to participate in a mood board link party, slash make a mood board at all, so we'll see how she goes...
the challenge this week was to create a bedroom inspired by one of four of bedding options. i chose barbara barry's "poetical" from macy's, which i have long admired. well, like as long as a bedding line exists...so for a few months admired.
the first thing that came to mind was to compliment the silhouetted pattern with the addition of some other long-admired bedding: applique monogrammed shams from leontine linens. in choosing my color scheme, i decided to go for gray, white and hot pink, with metallic accents and pops of green. so i give you a teenage girl's room:
1) barbara barry's "poetical" bedding, the inspiration, against a white upholstered headboard.
2) leontine linens "alcott" shams. i die. so hard. also a zebra needlepoint pillow from lilly pulitzer for garnet hill.
3) a pair of serena & lily "parker" x-benches at the foot of the bed, and a pottery barn chenille jute rug underfoot.
4) annie selke home "atlas" side tables (via horchow) as bedside tables.
5) serena & lily "pagoda" lamp on bedside tables
6) pottery barn "ribbon roman shade" on windows
7) "seaside" chest of drawers from well appointed house in gray
8) stray dog designs "camilla" chandelier; i like to mix metallic finishes, as in this chandy with the silver bedside tables.
9) ballard designs "stella" mirror - grand, because every gal needs a full-length mirror
10) and a variety of festive accessories, like this worlds away green zebra wastebasket set via well appointed house, this stray dog designs peacock objet d'art, and an ever-changing inspiration board like this one from kelly green interiors.
i need to birth a girl someday, in order to obtain a license to decorate in pink and green. and play barbies. and smock dresses. like, real bad.
this room could also work for a grown-up if the pink and green were traded for subtler colors, like powder blue and camel.
did you see that? did you see how i changed the colors in photoshop? and added that blurry bamboo mirror thumbnail from horchow? i told you photoshop and i were making friends.
two mood boards for the price of one. ba-da-bing!