Friday, October 2, 2009

confessions of a perfectionist

i love symmetry. i must have it. i'm aware of the rule of thirds and drawing the eye etc and so forth, but i can't help it. i'm pretty sure that only having one bedside table is somewhat responsible for the r.e.m.-stage teeth-gnashing that's been giving me migraines recently. don't get me wrong - i definitely appreciate and lust after plenty of asymmetrical design. there's just something about perfect symmetry that really floats my boat.

ergo,

in the pursuit of extreme symmetrical perfection, i'm currently scouring flea markets, amazon and my high school biology projects for botanicals to arrange thusly:










pictures via restoration hardware, caitlin creer interiors (2, 7), suzanne kasler, cote de texas, material girls blog, unknown (6,9), urban grace interiors, jentrified

...and all shall be right with the world.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

How cool! I love your inspiration pics! I'm glad I could help! I can't wait to see what you do with the prints you choose!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...