Tuesday, October 26, 2010

day 11: a photo of you recently (and a sneak peek)

i don't know about y'all, but i'm getting mighty tired of pictures of me. alas, another one. this is me with captain fantastic and my mama a few weeks ago when we had my parents over for mom's birthday dinner (hence the apron). then last week, i took her on a date to see wicked at the orpheum. it was faaaaabulous.


since y'all are so nicely putting up with this 30 days of blogging bidness, i'll share with you a sneak peek of my slowly-evolving dining room. here it was in days of yore, before we tore out the carpet and redid the hardwoods last november:

blogland loves c-fan and the puppies, blogland gets c-fan and the puppies

an awkward, small den with c-fan's futon, heinous aztec-print chairs, and enormous tv. the room has a door to the kitchen on one wall (at c-fan's feet in that picture), a door to the hall on the opposite wall, two windows on the third wall, and a closet smack-dab in the middle of the fourth wall (behind c-fan's head)...so awkward for furniture placement.

the estate sale aztec chairs....and can you believe, i married him still

here is the birthday girl, pretending to be surprised by the birthday cupcakes, in the dining room today:


refinished hardwoods + sisal area rug, fresh paint + drapes i sewed, plate rack + wedding china, table and chairs from in-laws + burlap runner and fall festivus. note plant that will surely succumb to my black thumb any day now. feel sorry for it.

we've currently got a little bar against the wall opposite my mom, which i'd love to replace with a skirted buffet, like this. i have a vision for the painting i will eventually paint to hang above it, flanked by my sconces. work in progress. drastically different from where it was this time last year though, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Hilary Dow Ward said...

So I keep seeing your parents (at CHC) and I feel like they're somebody that I know but I know they're not people I have ever met. So when I was looking at your post today...I saw this photo of your Mom and finally put it together. I'm going to say hello to them at church on Sunday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...